Welcome to the common website of ENVIMPACT and PROCEED!
ENVIMPACT and PROCEED are two projects funded under FP7 with the common objectives to improve the current communication of environmental research results deriving from Central-Eastern European (CEE) countries, to enhance the uptake of research results and foster the participation of CEEC in EU-funded research projects through S&T cooperation with other European partners.
ENVIMPACT and PROCEED will join their forces in order to:
- collect the innovative research practices and results of CEE reseachers,
- improve the visibility, effectiveness and uptake of the above research results in the European Research Area,
- broaden the opportunities for S&T collaboration between CEE and Western European researchers,
- identify the strengths and weaknesses in the current communication of environmental research results from CEE countries towards policy makers, academia and industry on national, regional and EU-wide level
- select and evaluate valuable environmental research practices and results
- collect them in a database to disseminate them at national and international levels
- cooperate with other similar initiatives
* Environmental technologies are tools and applications that can decrease material inputs, reduce energy consumption and emissions, recover valuable by-products and minimise waste. In general they are clean and resource-efficient technologies that can help to reduce the impact on the environment. Environmental technologies are about greening the economy and as such are the missing link between raising competitiveness in the European economy and making sure that our development is sustainable.
Environmental technologies in FP7:
- technologies for adapting and mitigating the impact of climate and environmental change (not in the energy and transport sectors)
- technologies for water, soil, waste, clean, built and marine environments
- technologies for the protection of cultural heritage and human habitats.